How do I get my Blondes Blonde?

For those of you wondering what I use to get my clients blonde...this post is for you! 
I also always used these two different methods on myself until recently when I decided to go "ice platinum" with bleach and a toner. (And now currently I am rocking the roots!)

ONE// [Redken] (30 or) 40 Volume pro-oxide developer & EL-V Color Fusion extralift.
This was always my go to. I've used this for years on myself. The little blue tube used to be called double blondes -- but then Redken discontinued that line and this "Color Fusion extralift" was the alternative. I use the EL-V (or the EL-B) to try to cancel out some gold or orange. This generally is a warm color though, and I always follow up using a purple shampoo to wash (after letting it process for 40 minutes.)



TWO// [Redken] 30 volume Color Gels & 9NA (or 10NA) Color Gels + Highlights
This is a bit more of a dimensional look with color and highlights. Also a bit more work for the hairstylist! This is how I started to get my hair brighter after months of just color. I add highlights to the blondes who just don't think they are blonde enough. I am always wanting to be blonder!!


Disclaimer to my mommy followers: going completely fully blonde is not ideal for a busy mama. It's high maintenance and usually needs to be touched up every 3-4 weeks.

PPS - do not, I repeat...do not try to go platinum blonde on your own.